Partnering with you to provide full RTO Services
IM TRAINING provides auspice arrangements for potential partners looking to upskill their staff internally or provide training externally through a variety of courses.
It is a costly and complex business, running a Registered Training Organisation. IM TRAINING has devised a solution that creates the opportunity for businesses that partner with IMT to access all the services and advantages of having an RTO without all the work of running one. This is called an auspice arrangement where we partner with you and we do all the RTO-related work.
This enables you to provide Nationally recognised and accredited courses.
Core benefits of becoming a partner with IMT:
- Cost saving – Access our knowledge and expertise in the training industry minimising your costs of trying to keep up with this fast moving industry.
- Efficiency – IMT uses ‘State of the Art’ Management Systems that support the complete student experience from engagement to completion.
- Quality – Access quality built resources and assessments by experienced and qualified subject matter experts that lead to highly trained and competent personnel.
- Innovation – Our Continuous Improvement procedures are ever progressive, ensuring our systems and processes remain marketing leading, efficient and intuitive.
- Support – When partnering with IMT, not only do you gain access to our expertise, experience and credibility in industry, we also provide our partners with systems and structural support to ensure the success of the partnership.
Some options to achieve your development objectives include:
- Enabling you to teach your own materials and having your graduates gain National qualifications that are on our Scope of Registration. This is referred to as the Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) arrangement;
- Authorising you to train and assess our Nationally Recognised Training programs (using our training materials). This is referred to as a License arrangement; or
- Supporting you in getting your materials audited and approved and added to our Scope of Registration.
About the Australian Qualification Framework
The Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) provides the Standards for Australian qualifications and recognises qualification levels and qualifications for Australian universities, colleges and approved private providers, known as Registered Training Organisations (RTO). The Framework is overseen by the Training Accreditation Council who is one of two National Regulators for the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
The TAC effectively regulate:
- Vocational education and training providers;
- Accredited vocational education and training courses, and
- Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) providers including those delivering English Language Intensive Courses to Overseas Students (ELICOS).
The most important aspect to understand is that the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) offers two different categories of qualifications:
- Nationally-recognised – qualification courses that relate to a National training package where RTOs can register their course material (requiring an audit) against a set of pre-defined qualifications (e.g., Certificate IV in Frontline Management, Diploma of Management, Advanced Diploma of Management etc.); or
- Nationally accredited – qualification courses that do not form part of the National training package system and where the RTO has proposed and had approved a unique market-needed qualification.
These qualification categories have the same standing as National qualifications and are internationally recognised. Offering a National qualification-based course:
- Assures external parties and individuals that the course that has the Government’s backing as a high quality education program under the Australian Qualifications Framework;
- Offers an Australian Government third-party validation;
- Enables a higher fee to be charged to clients;
- Often allows the graduates to gain advanced standing into university courses, as the university qualifications are also under the same Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) system; and
- Enables the use of the AQF-related logos for marketing purposes.
RTO Partnering - How does it Work?
To maintain the Quality Assurance and integrity of IM TRAINING and in the protection of any individual or entity considering a partnering auspice arrangement, all parties will sign and agree to a confidentiality agreement. This enables the prospective partner to provide their course materials for review with the assurance that IMT will only use the material as part of assessing it towards advising on it becoming a qualification-based program.
There are several factors that help determine its commercialism of becoming a qualification-based course:
- Is the course material in a format similar to that needed to transition to a qualification-based program?
- Does the course materials compare to one or more existing Training Packages to see if it can be aligned to an existing qualification?
- Does the course material suggest a potential of becoming a nationally accredited qualification course?
- What likely effort is required to convert it to a qualification-based course material, including the needed assessments?
- Does the partner have a clear market and is the qualification likely needed by the industry?
- What delivery formats will it likely suit: face-to-face, eLearning or blended delivery?
Once the course is validated as having a commercial worth, the we will then look to enter a partner arrangement to help you transform your course materials to qualification-based education.
Preparing to Partner
Whilst IMT will provide all the Registered Training Organisation requirements and reporting, all trainers and assessors must have the following:
- The qualification or a higher qualification relevant to the training;
- The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) qualification;
- Relevant and up-to-date experience and ongoing professional development;
- Must be registered as authorised trainers and assessors with IM TRAINING.
What We Need From You
To transform your course materials towards becoming a National qualification-based course, we typically work with you to produce a:
- Training Plan – sets out the qualification name, delivery mode, course duration, competency unit components and assessment requirements;
- Student Enrolment Form – a template form for student enrolment;
- Student Training Manual – the course learning materials;
- Other learning resources – these can include PowerPoint presentation, exercises and video resources;
- Facilitator’s Manual – a manual for the trainer;
- Assessment Instruction – a student guide that sets out the assessment requirements;
- Assessment Guideline – a guideline for the assessor;
- Assessment Submission – a template for the student to submit their assessment;
- Assessor’s Report – a template for assessments;
- Notification Letter – a template of the letter to a graduate advising them of their success;
- Statement of Attainment – a template of the academic record for one or more units where a qualification has not been completed;
- Record of Results – a template of the academic record for all competency units where a qualification has been completed;
- Qualification – a template of the National qualification that will include the gold seal of the institute.
These are then used with the application to have the course audited and approved by the Regulator, and then added to the Institute’s Scope of Registration.
What Makes IMT the ‘Right Choice’ when looking to partner?
- We have been engaged by major corporations, Higher Education providers and other Registered Training Organisations locally and internationally;
- Our team are experienced and qualified in training and assessing, and program delivery
- We have a long-standing record of success in ‘site ready’ training since our incorporation in 2005
Keys to Success
- We take great care in listening to our clients, our people, our participants needs and wants.
- Engagement of operational, tactical and strategic managers through their hearts and minds, which is key to sustainable organisational performance in all areas of business.
- Execution of workplace projects aligned to the organisation’s strategic themes, making them practical and applied to the workplace; not just based on theory and textbook case studies.
- Our focus on delivering and measuring results, so that the return on investment (ROI) is verifiable evidence of learning and application of new skills, knowledge and attributes to senior management.
- Facilitators draw on existing capability within the organisation to deliver high impact, customised and premium programs.
Our Training Partners
We have formed partnerships with the organisations listed below to enable us to provide quality services beyond our immediate reach. All of these organisations have signed partnership agreements that they will be compliant with the Standards for Registered Training Organisations, 2017. Some of them are RTOs in their own right.
- Central Australia Driving School (CADS)